Monday, January 18, 2010

Race for Texas Governor

I had the opportunity to attend the Texas Republican Gubernatorial Debate this past Thursday evening. I have to admit to being biased in favor of one of the candidates, especially since my tickets into the debate were provided by that candidate, but it seemed obvious to me that Debra Medina did more good for her campaign than anyone could have imagined. If I had been a Kay Bailey Hutchison supporter, I would have been embarrassed by her non-answer on the question concerning Roe v. Wade. Is it really that difficult to just give a yes or no answer? And Rick Perry just seemed too arrogant and cocky to be taken seriously. Is this what nine-plus years in the Governor's Mansion have done to him, or is he just not hiding his arrogance as well as he used to?

The most telling moment of the debate occurred at around the 3:30 mark of the video below with a question about the Texas Futile Care Law. Hutchison didn't even know the law existed; Perry's answer didn't address why he hadn't done anything about the law in the years that he has been in office; and Medina's answer went straight to the heart of the matter.



You can watch the entire debate at www.TexasDebates.org

1 comment:

  1. You call it arrogance. I call it being right.

    ReplyDelete