Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas

Christmas is finally upon us, so I would hope that we have all finished our shopping and have the gifts that we bought for friends and family wrapped and under a tree somewhere. I was thinking about the receiving aspect of Christmas as I drove home from work the other day. I take great delight in seeing the faces of my children as they open presents, and I can't help but think about my own childhood Christmas experiences.

We give and receive gifts on Christmas as a symbol of the gift that God gave to us through his son Jesus Christ. If I take delight at seeing my sons accept their gifts from me, imagine how God sees things when one of us accepts the gift of Christ's salvation. I pray that all my friends, family members, and acquaintances come to accept this ultimate gift.

Marry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment